Policy for Dependencies

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Oct 14 17:27:28 UTC 2015

On Wed, 14 Oct 2015, Martin Klapetek wrote:

> Fwiw, KNotification+Phonon is used for KDialog sounds if frameworkintegration
> is present (iirc). So in theory, it should play a sound in Krita/Kate if you eg. close
> the window with unsaved content. If that adds anything to your app, I can't say.
>

> ^That's supposed to be KMessageBox, not KDialog, sorry.

Well, no, nothing materially useful, sorry. If all messageboxes on
Windows or OSX would beep, then Krita's message boxes should beep,
much as I feel that computers shoulds be seen, not heard, but then,
that would be the responsibility of Qt, as the cross-platform layer.
It should be part of QMessageBox, not be added through an optional
extra library.

Boudewijn