KIdleTime : to poll not or provide a settable resolution for the polling backends?

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 12:12:35 UTC 2015

René J. V. Bertin wrote:

> As to MacPoller: I'll see whether I subclass WidgetBasedPoller or whether it's
> just as efficient to copy/paste the relevant code (if I'd be overriding too
> many methods, which might be the case here).

Seems I'll be doing copy/paste, because when I subclass following the example
from the xscreensaver plugin

class MacPoller: public WidgetBasedPoller
{
    Q_OBJECT
    Q_PLUGIN_METADATA(IID "org.kde.kidletime.AbstractSystemPoller" FILE
"osx.json")
    Q_INTERFACES(AbstractSystemPoller)

I get an error:

kf5-kidletime/work/kidletime-5.16.0/src/plugins/osx/macpoller.cpp:34:7: error:
type 'AbstractSystemPoller' is not a direct or virtual base of 'MacPoller'
    : AbstractSystemPoller(parent)