kf5 frameworks autotest alters KDE4 desktop workspace settings?!

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Nov 11 13:49:57 UTC 2015

On Wednesday 11 November 2015 13:44:01 René J. V. Bertin wrote:
> Alex Merry wrote:
>
> > The autotests are supposed to use a special magic test directory for
> > configuration and preferences (see
> > http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qstandardpaths.html#setTestModeEnabled). So they
> > shouldn't be writing anywhere outside that. If they are, it's a bug
> > (either in the autotests or in Qt).
>
> David suggested for this particular issue that it might have been the result of
> an indirect request to the running workspace (which evidently doesn't have QSP
> nor would it know of an activated testing mode).
>
> But you're right, my other issue that cost me a big part of the contents of my
> Mac's /Applications directory is due to the fact that
> QStandardPaths::ApplicationsLocation doesn't support TestMode on OS X .

It does, at least in writableLocation() which is the one where testmode matters:

qstandardpaths_mac.mm says
QString QStandardPaths::writableLocation(StandardLocation type)
{
    if (isTestModeEnabled()) {
        const QString qttestDir = QDir::homePath() + QLatin1String("/.qttest");
        QString path;
        switch (type) {
        case GenericDataLocation:
        case AppDataLocation:
        case AppLocalDataLocation:
            path = qttestDir + QLatin1String("/Application Support");
            if (type != GenericDataLocation)
                appendOrganizationAndApp(path);
            return path;

Working on KDE Frameworks 5