kf5 frameworks autotest alters KDE4 desktop workspace settings?!

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 12:44:01 UTC 2015

Alex Merry wrote:

> The autotests are supposed to use a special magic test directory for
> configuration and preferences (see
> http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qstandardpaths.html#setTestModeEnabled). So they
> shouldn't be writing anywhere outside that. If they are, it's a bug
> (either in the autotests or in Qt).

David suggested for this particular issue that it might have been the result of
an indirect request to the running workspace (which evidently doesn't have QSP
nor would it know of an activated testing mode).

But you're right, my other issue that cost me a big part of the contents of my
Mac's /Applications directory is due to the fact that
QStandardPaths::ApplicationsLocation doesn't support TestMode on OS X .

R.