KService autotests and tests on OS X

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Nov 11 13:47:03 UTC 2015

On Wednesday 11 November 2015 00:24:45 René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are the autotests and tests of the KService framework supposed to run on OS X? I tried them, and
>
> 1) most simply hang after printing an error about a missing application menu (I no longer have the exact message)

menus/applications.menu is a file that is expected to be found under one of the paths returned by `qtpaths --paths ConfigLocation`.

> 2) I discovered, some time after having attempted to run these, that a large number of the app bundles under /Applications HAD GONE MISSING.

Oops!?!

kmimeassociationstest does
  QStandardPaths::enableTestMode(true);
  then calls QStandardPaths::writableLocation(QStandardPaths::ApplicationsLocation)
  and deletes all of it.
On a Linux system that's ~/.qttest/share/applications
What does this return on OSX?

It does the same with GenericConfigLocation and CacheLocation, btw.

AFAICS QSP also uses ~/.qttest on OSX, that's where this should all have happened,
not in a global dir.

ksycocatest.cpp also does some recursive deletion of dirs, but they are more
specific, like QStandardPaths::writableLocation(QStandardPaths::GenericDataLocation) + "/kservices5",
so that can't be it.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5