Moving KWayland to frameworks

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Thu Nov 5 10:10:49 UTC 2015

Hello,

On Thursday 05 November 2015 10:50:06 Martin Graesslin wrote:
> There are two things which make the move to frameworks difficult and I don't
> see a solution to it at the moment:
>
> 1. We require C++11 without exceptions: reason, it's designed for Linux and
> it didn't come to my mind to restrict us on the compiler due to lack of
> support in Visual Studio.
>
> 2. We use Qt 5.4.
>
> For item 1 I only see the possibility of adding an exception [1].

I personally don't like exceptions, it gets complex fast.

Now are you sure it is really problematic? To me it looks like you're using
almost exclusively features from the white list. It is probably just a matter
of s/nullptr/Q_NULLPTR/ and s/override/Q_DECL_OVERRIDE/ in your case.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net