Install location of myframework_version.h headers

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu May 14 19:10:08 UTC 2015

On Wednesday 13 May 2015 08:37:19 Kevin Funk wrote:
> On Monday 04 May 2015 14:11:14 Kevin Funk wrote:
> > On Monday 04 May 2015 13:11:05 David Faure wrote:
> > > On Monday 04 May 2015 12:29:39 David Faure wrote:
> > > You are right, all the version headers are in include/KF5 directly.
> > >
> > > I think this is an oversight. Well, I did see it and didn't think it
> > > would
> > > be a problem, but I think the only real reason I didn't move that one
> > > when
> > > moving all other headers under $FRAMEWORK is that version headers are
> > > installed by the toplevel CMakeLists.txt while I was working on the
> > > CMakeLists.txt for the libs themselves.
>
> Right, and I just noticed a problem I didn't think of before: There's no
> $PREFIX/include/KF5/$myframework/ where I could install
> ${myframework}_version.h into for some of the frameworks :)
>
> KConfig for instance has two libs, but only installs a single version
> header. - $PREFIX/include/KF5/KConfigCore/...
> - $PREFIX/include/KF5/KConfigGui/...
> - $PREFIX/include/KF5/kconfig_version.h

Now that you mention it, that's the reason it's this way :-)

> Now in order to "move" kconfig_version.h to a proper location, I'd have to
> install both a kconfigcore_version.h and kconfiggui_version.h  to their
> resp. locations:
> - $PREFIX/include/KF5/KConfigCore/kconfigcore_version.h
> - $PREFIX/include/KF5/KConfigGui/kconfiggui_version.h

We can't remove kconfig_version.h or move it into one lib.

An alternative is
$PREFIX/include/KF5/KConfig/KConfig{Core,Gui}/
and
$PREFIX/include/KF5/KConfig/kconfig_version.h

Since the lib provides the include paths, apps [that use cmake] wouldn't need
ajustment.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5