KIOSK feature in kconfig framework

Bhushan Shah bhush94 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 14:42:29 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am planning to work on KIOSK tool during the GSoC 2015, so I came
across this code in the kconfig framework while searching for things.
I came across this code,

#pragma message("TODO: enable kiosk feature again (resource
restrictions), but without KStandardDirs... Needs a class in the
kconfig framework.")
#if 0
         if (componentData.dirs()->isRestrictedResource(resourceType, fileName))
             bFileImmutable = true;
#endif

That was added in the commit 770786f234dc0a824b3b463d5d6923459bd28f0a [1]

So I was wondering, what kind of code/class this will require? so
probably I can include this in my GSoC proposal and plan rest of work
accordingly. Also I am wondering if resource restrictions mentioned in
README.kiosk [2] is possible without KStandardDirs? or this will not
work as it is..?

[1] http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kdelibs.git&a=commit&h=770786f234dc0a824b3b463d5d6923459bd28f0a
[2] http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kdelibs.git&a=blob&h=b95002d0403f94f0155eeae5f28351c917be1750&hb=92d3cb4804bad73f8ebabf9be8f6f2a2c0daa471&f=kdecore%2Fdoc%2FREADME.kiosk#l548

Thanks!