Some more projects in need of respecting KF5_INSTALL_TARGETS_DEFAULT_ARGS

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at absint.com
Wed Jan 7 19:15:54 UTC 2015

Hi,

I see why KDE_INSTALL_TARGETS_DEFAULT_ARGS and INSTALL_TARGETS_DEFAULT_ARGS fail on Mac,
typo:

# on the Mac support an extra install directory for application bundles
if(APPLE)
    set(KDE_INSTALL_TARGETS_DEFAULT_ARGS  ${INSTALL_TARGETS_DEFAULT_ARGS}
                                          BUNDLE DESTINATION "${BUNDLE_INSTALL_DIR}" )
    set(KF5_INSTALL_TARGETS_DEFAULT_ARGS  ${KF5_INSTALL_TARGETS_DEFAULT_ARGS}
                                          BUNDLE DESTINATION "${BUNDLE_INSTALL_DIR}" )
endif(APPLE)

should be

# on the Mac support an extra install directory for application bundles
if(APPLE)
    set(KDE_INSTALL_TARGETS_DEFAULT_ARGS  ${KDE_INSTALL_TARGETS_DEFAULT_ARGS}
                                          BUNDLE DESTINATION "${BUNDLE_INSTALL_DIR}" )
    set(KF5_INSTALL_TARGETS_DEFAULT_ARGS  ${KF5_INSTALL_TARGETS_DEFAULT_ARGS}
                                          BUNDLE DESTINATION "${BUNDLE_INSTALL_DIR}" )
endif(APPLE)

will patch that ;=)

----- Ursprüngliche Mail -----
> Hi Alex,
> Hi Ben,
>
> Happy New Year, for a start! :)
>
> On 07 Jan 2015, at 19:48 , Alex Merry <alex.merry at kde.org> wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday 06 January 2015 23:55:48 Marko Käning wrote:
> >> P.P.S.: I realised by now that there are no changes on the production
> >> branch, which probably means that there was some change in ECM or wherever
> >> provoking these issues...
> >
> > I'm somewhat puzzled, as INSTALL_TARGET_DEFAULT_ARGS should still be set
> > the same value as KDE_INSTALL_TARGET_DEFAULT_ARGS) unless you have set
> > KDE_INSTALL_DIRS_NO_DEPRECATED to some TRUE-ish value. If not, that's a
> > bug.
>

> Hmmm...
>
> Well, off-list I already had contacted Ben because of this issue. See this:
>

> Begin forwarded message:
> >>
> >> I think you're fully correct.
> >
> > Thus I tried KDE_INSTALL_TARGETS_DEFAULT_ARGS for the non-KF5
> > “systemsettings”
> > project but it lead to the same error as the original
> > INSTALL_TARGETS_DEFAULT_ARGS
> > variable in my initial post.
> >
> > Is this perhaps specific to the CI system?
>

> So, I really wonder what’s going on here, as it doesn’t hit all projects!
> kstars fails,
> but marble - for instance - still builds fine without the need to mess with
> these vars!
>
> I can't find KDE_INSTALL_DIRS_NO_DEPRECATED in CMakeCache.txt of kstars at
> all, so I assume
> that it is not set.
>
> 	Does this mean it IS a bug for kstars and all the other projects after all?
>
> Marko

AbsInt Angewandte Informatik GmbH      Email: cullmann at AbsInt.com