Some more projects in need of respecting KF5_INSTALL_TARGETS_DEFAULT_ARGS

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Wed Jan 7 19:09:32 UTC 2015

Hi Alex,
Hi Ben,

Happy New Year, for a start! :)

On 07 Jan 2015, at 19:48 , Alex Merry <alex.merry at kde.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday 06 January 2015 23:55:48 Marko Käning wrote:
>> P.P.S.: I realised by now that there are no changes on the production
>> branch, which probably means that there was some change in ECM or wherever
>> provoking these issues...
>
> I'm somewhat puzzled, as INSTALL_TARGET_DEFAULT_ARGS should still be set (to
> the same value as KDE_INSTALL_TARGET_DEFAULT_ARGS) unless you have set
> KDE_INSTALL_DIRS_NO_DEPRECATED to some TRUE-ish value. If not, that's a bug.

Hmmm...

Well, off-list I already had contacted Ben because of this issue. See this:

Begin forwarded message:
> On 07 Jan 2015, at 09:12 , David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:
>>> KDEInstallDirs.cmake also has a KDE_INSTALL_TARGETS_DEFAULT_ARGS, which
>>> seems more appropriate.
>>
>> I think you're fully correct.
>
> Thus I tried KDE_INSTALL_TARGETS_DEFAULT_ARGS for the non-KF5 “systemsettings”
> project but it lead to the same error as the original INSTALL_TARGETS_DEFAULT_ARGS
> variable in my initial post.
>
> Is this perhaps specific to the CI system?

So, I really wonder what’s going on here, as it doesn’t hit all projects! kstars fails,
but marble - for instance - still builds fine without the need to mess with these vars!

I can't find KDE_INSTALL_DIRS_NO_DEPRECATED in CMakeCache.txt of kstars at all, so I assume
that it is not set.

	Does this mean it IS a bug for kstars and all the other projects after all?

Marko