Baloo Framework - License Exception

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Tue Jan 6 15:04:59 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 11:01 AM, David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:

> > Bottom line: since there's the possibility of a non-xapian backend making
> > Baloo effectively LGPL and not effectively GPL, I'd be in favor of
> waiting
> > for it to be reality.
>
> We need a much shorter term solution than that, for practical purposes.

Currently Baloo is installed under the KF5 prefix, so if we decide to not
put it as part of Frameworks, we either need to rename all the libraries
and update all the programs using Baloo.

As a compromise, I can start releasing Baloo independently every month
until it is effectively LGPL. But it can still remain a psuedo framework
since it will follow the framework versioning and the KF5 prefix. Though it
really is more work.

--
Vishesh Handa