Baloo Framework - License Exception

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Mon Jan 5 13:32:32 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 1:58 PM, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:

> > Are we going to shoot ourselves in the foot (= making our lives more
> > complicated, by having a dependency that works differently from the other
> > dependencies and has to be released separately) just so that we can say
> "all
> > frameworks are LGPL" ?
>
> I wouldn't call it shooting ourselves in the foot (since we know well about
> its consequences), but yes, I think it's worth it.

Great. We have somewhat of a consensus, and I would have to do a lot of
work to not make it a framework. I'll request the move and everything that
is required. I'll also add a disclaimer that Baloo is effectively GPL.

I also started hacking on the Xapian replacement, and I have a student
experimenting with Lucene, so Baloo will eventually become LGPL.

--
Vishesh Handa