OSX/CI: QSP patch ( was "KF5 Update Meeting Minutes 2014-w28" )

Hugo Pereira Da Costa hugo.pereira at free.fr
Sun Jan 4 09:36:09 UTC 2015

On 01/04/2015 02:27 AM, Andrius da Costa Ribas wrote:
> Oops, you're right!
>
> Let me amend what I said:
> We default to oxygen style in KDE4 when available (hadn't checked yet
> what changed in KF5 regarding default style).
>
> In KF5 there is some issue with plugin loading (in general, not just
> for styles), I do have both oxygen and breeze, but apps still load
> using "windowsvista" (native-ish) style. This issue is only with KDE
> apps, as Qt assistant works with either style, using "-style oxygen",
> "-style breeze" or "-style fusion"
>
> dolphin-kf5 (windowsvista style - the only style it loads by now):
> Imagem inline 2
>
> dolphin-kde4 (oxygen):
> Imagem inline 3
>
> Qt5 Assistant (with breeze):
> Imagem inline 4
>
> Qt5 Assistant (with oxygen):
> Imagem inline 5
>
> Cheers,
> Andrius.

> <mailto:nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com>>:

>     <mailto:rjvbertin at gmail.com>>:
>     > On Saturday January 03 2015 11:53:48 Andrius da Costa Ribas wrote:
>     >
>     >> Regarding oxygen, we'd probably change it later into breeze.
>     >
>     > My advice: don't, it's ugly and way too spacious ;)
>     > Then again, "oxygen5" is, too.
>     >

Off-topic side remark:

I don't think that insulting the work of other people on a public
mailing list, especially when the said other people subscribe to this
very list, is neither constructive nor polite.

I would appreciate if you could refrain.

You could, instead, if not already done, join the discussion for
instance at
https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=285&t=123561&sid=b507047d27e63472a107116143b9c873.

Regards,

Hugo