RFC: split platformtheme plugin from frameworkintegration and move to kde/workspace

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 12:37:48 UTC 2015

On Thursday 10 December 2015, Mark Gaiser wrote:
> It's not just a barrier in my head. It's a waste of resources if one
> package that doesn't need a dozen dependencies, pulls it in because someone
> decided it doesn't matter for the resources. If you don't use it, don't
> install it.
> But that's my opinion. You know i'm all about optimization (more so then
> other people) so i can understand if you don't share this opinion.

It's really asking the wrong question: it's really a matter of wether or not
the Plasma desktop QPT (that's what it is even right now, even if it isn't in
the workspace/ repositories yet) makes sense used on different platforms (and
would still not be forbidden doing so, the cost of it would still be quite
negligible)
but it's not really what you want on Windows
nor what you want in OSX
nor what you want in GNOME
or XFCE
and yeah, probably not even in LXQt
even in Plasma Mobile, we'll need a different QPT

--
Marco Martin