[Kde-pim] kdesrc-build setup for kdepim

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at kde.org
Sun Dec 13 11:55:54 UTC 2015

On Saturday, December 12, 2015 11:00:39 PM CET Alex Merry wrote:
> The recent splitting of kdepimlibs has caused a clean run of
> kdesrc-build to fail on lots of pim modules. This seems to be a
> combination of kde-build-metadata not recording the dependencies
> properly for a lot of things, and "playground/pim" in the kdepim
> kdesrc-build include file being far too general (eg: akonadi-vkontakte
> is kdelibs4-based, not kf5-based).
>
> I started trying to fix it, but got a bit overwhelmed. It would be
> easier for someone / some people with domain knowledge to do it, I
> think, hence me emailing the kde-pim list.

I started looking into it last night too :) I got most of it building locally,
but indeed the deps are not recorded properly.

> Also, I'd like to point out that it is incredibly confusing when
> non-Frameworks libraries claim to be in Frameworks (by prefixing their
> CMake module names with "KF5", like KF5Async).

KF5Async will hopefully eventually become a framework...

For the non-to-become-frameworks PIM libraries, we could prefix them with
"KPim" or something like that instead of KF5.