system tray test?

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Fri Dec 11 14:07:51 UTC 2015

On Friday, December 11, 2015 12:19:51 PM René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> Does KF5 provide any classes above Qt's for putting up and controlling an
> icon (with/out menu) in the "system tray"? If so, is there a simple test
> app I can try?
>
> Reason I'm asking: kwalletmanager5 isn't showing a systray interface like
> kwalletmanager(4) does. Not on OS X (where Qt5's systray does work), and on
> Linux under a KDE4 desktop I'm not sure what I'm getting.

Not sure what exactly you mean with "putting up and controlling an icon in the
system tray", but we do have a status notifier test app, you can find it in:
plasma-workspace/applets/systemtray/tests/statusnotifier

There are also some test programs in frameworks/knotifications/tests, you may
want to look at.

Cheers,
--
sebas