Icons Missing

Simon Lees simon at simotek.net
Thu Dec 10 20:49:31 UTC 2015

Hi,

Firstly sorry for breaking threading (I'm not on list and couldn't find
a easy way to reply, please cc me in replies).

I am the enlightenment maintainer for openSUSE and I am hitting the same
issues running many of the programs I use daily under enlightenment
(Dolphin, kate, ...). In addition to missing icons any changes to the
"Color Scheme" made in systemsettings5 arn't applied. Both of these
worked in KDE4 and now feel like a major regression.

>El Sunday 06 December 2015, a les 13:56:19, Thorsten Zachmann va escriure:
>>/Hello all, />>//>>/I use a separate user for running calligra. I use ssh -X to login from my />>/normal desktop user to my kde running user. However when I start any />>/kde application I have no icons. />
> You are not using any desktop environment thus the Qt defaults to the generic
> Unix icon theme, i.e. hicolor.
>
> Blame Linux for not having a cross desktop environment way to define what is
> the icon theme to use.

That indeed would be nice, but I doubt there would also be a cross DE way of
setting the KDE/Qt Color scheme :-P, although enlightenment does have a way
of setting the gtk theme / icon theme.

While such a thing does not exist it would be really nice if it used the color
scheme / icon themes defined in systemsettings5, so that its changeable, us
people who use non standard DE's are used to going and loading up
systemsettings to change the look of Qt based apps and using something like
lxapperance to change gtk based ones. Not being able to set a icon theme or
color scheme is a major regression.

> Cheers,
>   Albert
>
>>/With strace I can see it searches for />>/icons in the hicolor folder instead of breeze. />>/With the help of David Faure I found out the the icons are shown as
expected />>/when I call />>//>>/export KDE_FULL_SESSION=true />>//>>/before starting the application. Unfortunately I can't define this
globally as it will break xdg-utils and who knows what else, so I guess
i'm left launching from a terminal or hacking the .desktop files for the
kde apps I use to export it before running. />>//>>/I think using an application via ssh -X is used quite often and it should />>/work out of the box with the need of setting any special export. Maybe you />>/have an idea on how the behaviour can be improved. />>//>>/Please CC me as I'm not subscribed to the list. />>//>>/Thorsten Zachmann /
Cheers

Simon Lees