Purpose as a KDE Framework

Boudhayan Gupta bgupta at kde.org
Thu Dec 3 18:57:34 UTC 2015

Hi Aleix,

On 3 December 2015 at 23:51, Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:
>>> You can pass { "mimetype": "image/png", "urls": [] }.
>>>
>>> That should work.
>>> I'm not sure why you'd want to list plugins before having anything to
>>> share though...
>>
>> That lists the plugins; how do I now execute them with a URL?
> Just show me the code you have to port it to Purpose and I'll try and
> see how to fit it in the API... Is it in a branch?

Nope, it's in master right now. Basically the whole KIPI integration
code - right now I load the plugins at one go and later execute a
plugin with the file name - which is generated at the last moment
because I defer saving the temp file as far as possible.

Maybe we can find some time on IRC and discuss this realtime?

>> Another thing - What if I want to exclude a specific plugin from
>> displaying in the menu, such as SaveAs?
>
> We can look into this. It's not done so far. Do you think it's /that/
> terrible that it's offered by default?

Well the plugin itself isn't a bad idea, but I'd want to blacklist
some plugins if I do have native functionality in my app for that.
Saving is one such thing, in KIPI I blacklist printing because I do it
better in my code.

-- Boudhayan