Purpose as a KDE Framework

Kai Uwe Broulik kde at privat.broulik.de
Tue Dec 1 15:05:36 UTC 2015

Yes please!

I recently discovered Quick Share and was surprised that we didn't market this stuff more :)

One thing I wasn't sure is where the share assistant UIs are going to be used, ie. if they're Plasma exclusive or can be used from (widget) applications, too. The latter limits us to bare QtQuick Controls unfortunately. Another approach could be to make a service in Plasma that presents the UI bits similarly to what most mobile OSes offer (Plasma mobile needs that too!) - and also perhaps forward the request to eg. Android intent chooser when on Android.

Keep up the awesome work, Aleix! :)

Cheers,
Kai Uwe

Gesendet von meinem BlackBerry 10-Smartphone.