KDE PIM Split?

laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Tue Dec 1 08:46:32 UTC 2015

Le mardi 1 décembre 2015, 21:10:57 CET Ben Cooksley a écrit :
> On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 6:50 PM, laurent Montel <montel at kde.org> wrote:
> > Le lundi 30 novembre 2015, 22:43:36 CET Ben Cooksley a écrit :
> >> Hi Pim devels,
> >
> > Hi,
> > So I reorganized source yesterday.
> > I verified that all was ok
> > So how I do now to split ?
>
> The splitting of the repositories can be conducted using several means:
>
> 1) Filter branch, where the history is kept in each individual repository

Yep Alex gave me command that he used for split kdepimlibs
As
kxmlrpcclient       -- git filter-branch --tag-name-filter cat
--subdirectory-filter kxmlrpcclient/ -- --all --tags

> 2) Grafts, where the history is kept in the original repository, and
> is attached by the developer when it is needed. This is how both Qt
> and Frameworks did their 4 -> 5 splits I believe.

Yep there is a script in kde-dev-script for it.

> As for how either method is done, i'm afraid that is something i'm
> unfamiliar with - someone on the list should know however.
> Please ensure you have performed initial test splits, including
> generation of the repositories before proceeding with any pushing of
> repositories.

"generation of the repositories" => alex told me that git filter-branch will do
it.
But I don't know if I need to have repository in git before that.