KDE PIM Split?

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Tue Dec 1 08:10:57 UTC 2015

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 6:50 PM, laurent Montel <montel at kde.org> wrote:
> Le lundi 30 novembre 2015, 22:43:36 CET Ben Cooksley a écrit :
>> Hi Pim devels,
>
> Hi,
> So I reorganized source yesterday.
> I verified that all was ok
> So how I do now to split ?

The splitting of the repositories can be conducted using several means:

1) Filter branch, where the history is kept in each individual repository
2) Grafts, where the history is kept in the original repository, and
is attached by the developer when it is needed. This is how both Qt
and Frameworks did their 4 -> 5 splits I believe.

As for how either method is done, i'm afraid that is something i'm
unfamiliar with - someone on the list should know however.
Please ensure you have performed initial test splits, including
generation of the repositories before proceeding with any pushing of
repositories.

Cheers,
Ben