[kubuntu-devel] Re: git moves

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 16:25:27 UTC 2015

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 7:30 AM, Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 01:18:20PM +0200, Valentin Rusu wrote:
> > * Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org> [2015-08-05 18:11:56 +0200]:
> >
> > > some changes to pkg-kde git today:
> > >
> > > I added kwallet-pam to plasma
> > >

> > Why not include the kwallet-pam module in the kwallet framework? The
> > src/runtime would be the perfect place for that module and users would
> > have all the required pieces together. If nobody is against this merging
> > - and to be sure I copy kde-frameworks-devel - then it's a matter of
> > importing the kwallet-map repo into a directory under
> > kwallet/src/runtime. I could help with that.
>
> This is a change in Plasma release tars (rather than Kubuntu
> packaging) and it was added there because Martin K said it was ported
> and should be released, and I think his motivation was just that
> enough people bugged him that he made Alex's work compile.  But nobody
> is around who especially wants to maintain it so if you want to move
> it into wallet framework that would be very welcome.

What Jonathan said.

+1 from me to move it. Though keep in mind that this is for kwallet4 as well
and so it needs to be compilable for kwallet4 too, somehow. Which might
make the KWallet(5) CMake foo a bit too complicated. So, actually, it might
be
better off on its own as long as kwallet4 is supported. Or move a copy
together
with kwallet4 (the code has quite some ifdefs so wouldn't be an exact copy).

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer