Build error with frameworkintegration

nerdopolis bluescreen_avenger at verizon.net
Mon Sep 29 11:25:13 UTC 2014

Hi.

It seems that a recent build error when trying to build Frameworks master against QT 5.4. (well a warning being treated as an error)

I build all the Frameworks with my own scripts, because I need checkinstall. However, other then changing the prefix to /opt, I am using default configurations, except for turning on -DKDE_ENABLE_EXCEPTIONS, as I turned it on to get Frameworks to compile on 14.04, but I'm not sure if that is needed anymore.

I am compiling on Ubuntu 14.10, and using the default gcc 4.9

This is the build error I get
[ 65%] Building CXX object src/platformtheme/CMakeFiles/KDEPlatformTheme.dir/kfiletreeview.cpp.o
/srcbuild/kf5-frameworkintegration/src/platformtheme/kdeplatformsystemtrayicon.cpp: In member function ‘virtual QPlatformMenuItem* SystemTrayMenu::createMenuItem() const’:
/srcbuild/kf5-frameworkintegration/src/platformtheme/kdeplatformsystemtrayicon.cpp:44:35: error: invalid new-expression of abstract class type ‘SystemTrayMenuItem’
     return new SystemTrayMenuItem();
                                   ^
In file included from /srcbuild/kf5-frameworkintegration/src/platformtheme/kdeplatformsystemtrayicon.cpp:20:0:
/srcbuild/kf5-frameworkintegration/src/platformtheme/kdeplatformsystemtrayicon.h:60:7: note:   because the following virtual functions are pure within ‘SystemTrayMenuItem’:
 class SystemTrayMenuItem : public QPlatformMenuItem
       ^
In file included from /srcbuild/kf5-frameworkintegration/src/platformtheme/kdeplatformsystemtrayicon.h:23:0,
                 from /srcbuild/kf5-frameworkintegration/src/platformtheme/kdeplatformsystemtrayicon.cpp:20:
/opt/include/QtGui/5.4.0/QtGui/qpa/qplatformmenu.h:81:18: note: 	virtual void QPlatformMenuItem::setIconSize(int)
     virtual void setIconSize(int size) = 0;
                  ^
/srcbuild/kf5-frameworkintegration/src/platformtheme/kdeplatformsystemtrayicon.cpp:45:1: error: control reaches end of non-void function [-Werror=return-type]
 }
 ^
cc1plus: some warnings being treated as errors

I even tried a clean rebuild of all kde frameworks master, and qt 5.4

How do I turn off werror?

Thanks.