Non-coinstallable frameworks

Matthew Dawson matthew at mjdsystems.ca
Fri Sep 19 20:59:33 UTC 2014

On September 18, 2014 01:15:51 PM Aleix Pol wrote:
> Hi Ivan,
> I've just learned that the KActivities framework is not co-installable with
> kdelibs4.

Are you sure about this?  I just double checked, and my distribution (Gentoo)
has both installed right now, in the same prefix.  And I'm running the latest
git for kactivities/5, and a very recent kdelibs.

I know the runtime components can't be co-installed, but as far as I know
kactivities/5's components are backwards compatible with kactivities/4.  If
they are not, would that not be a bug that should be fixed?
--
Matthew