Broken KWindowInfoX11Test::testActivities on CI system

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Tue Sep 16 06:29:12 UTC 2014

Martin GräßlinOn Monday 15 September 2014 09:44:59  wrote:
> Hi Ivan,
>
> could you please have a look at KWindowInfoX11Test::testActivities. The unit
> test fails on the CI system and also locally with a setup similar to CI
> system (passes with KWin, though). To get a clean setup ensure to have an
> Xvfb running and an openbox on that Xvfb.
>
> The unit test looks somewhat wrong to me. E.g. there is an initial activity
> set which doesn't fit the NETWinInfo code. To me it looks like the test is
> dependent on behavior of KWin.

I just pushed a change which skips the test if the WM doesn't announce support
for Activities. This turned KWindowSystem green again.

That's obviously not a proper fix and I still want to have it clarified how
KWindowSystem and the tests are supposed to function if activities are not
supported by the wm.

As a side note: not even KWin announces that it supports activities (review
request pending). This was overall quite a mess :-(

Cheers
Martin