desktoptojson man page

Alexander Richardson arichardson.kde at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 21:50:29 UTC 2014

Hi Micheal,
> Hi there,
>
> In kservice at b427f4c3889004d9d983939cd9bf7c1465e6beb3, desktoptojson
> was replaced/moved to kcoreaddons. However, it appears the man page was
> forgotten and that still exists in kservice. I'd move it myself, but I'm
> not confident in transferring the history correctly.
>
> Best regards,
> Michael

I'm afraid I don't know how to transfer it while conserving the history.

However, is this even possible? Building manpages seems to require KDocTools
and kcoreaddons is a tier1 framework which would make this impossible.
Do we really need a manpage for it? It seems to me that it is only
used in cmake code
and should no longer be necessary once we write the .json files
directly instead of
converting the existing .desktop files. Maybe we should just move it
from bin to libexec?

Regards,
Alex