There's no proper replacement for KIcon

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Thu Sep 4 12:30:24 UTC 2014

On 04.09.2014 14:21, Luigi Toscano wrote:
> What I don't understand here: is this Qt plugin a GNOME-specific one, or
> the generic default one? This is not (only) a GNOME issue; replace GNOME
> with "generic unknown window manager". I think we need a sane default,
> if the default is there and it is broken, the solution as pointed out is
> to fix it; if not, I think we should investigate how to have it.

Please also check out the chat log I posted - I realize
it's not as convenient to read as a proper write-up and
I apologize for not having the time to compose one, but
it went over a lot of this ground in a pretty condensed
manner and should help with syncing us up.

(Not specifically you, Luigi.)

> Ciao

Cheers,
Eike