There's no proper replacement for KIcon

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Thu Sep 4 12:21:04 UTC 2014

http://igurublog.wordpress.com/2014/03/22/gtk-3-10-drops-menu-icons-and-mnemonics/
> [2]
> ...in which case, if that's true and actually the case here, I think
> it's
> actually better to have our apps in Gnome without those icons as it
> simply integrates better and doesn't look all out of place (in Gnome
> and/or others, obviously).

Albert uses Unity, I think.

What I don't understand here: is this Qt plugin a GNOME-specific one,
or the generic default one? This is not (only) a GNOME issue; replace
GNOME with "generic unknown window manager". I think we need a sane
default, if the default is there and it is broken, the solution as
pointed out is to fix it; if not, I think we should investigate how to
have it.

Ciao
--
Luigi

Scopri istella, il nuovo motore per il web italiano.
Istella garantisce risultati di qualità e la possibilità di
condividere, in modo semplice e veloce, documenti, immagini, audio e
video.
Usa istella, vai su http://www.istella.it?wtk=amc138614816829636