Moving SVGTextureNode to KDeclarative

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Fri Oct 10 16:59:09 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 6:23 PM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday 10 October 2014 17:58:04 Aleix Pol wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'm looking into using QQuickItem to properly perform the QIconItem
> > drawing, instead of QPainterItem. To do so, I thought it could be useful
> > use the SVGTextureNode for the ref-counting.
> >
> > It's quite a simple class, but it is quite useful. It's already used in 3
> > of the classes within plasma framework. Also it doesn't look like it
> should
> > change substantially.
> >
> > That would also mean renaming it into something else, because it has
> > nothing to do with SVG. I suggest ManagedTextureNode.
> >
> > Thoughts?
> > If no opposition, I'll try to get a review request in early next week.
> > Aleix
>
> also doesn't seem that SVGTextureNode does stuff fundamental enough to be
> put
> in a public library, is just a QSGSimpleTextureNode with an internal shared
> pointer, copying those 12 lines seems far less nasty than exporting symbols
> or there is other code as well you need from there?

Fair enough. We'll also need to move the texture cache code somewhere as
well.

I've thought about creating a small submodule within kdeclarative, maybe
kdeclarative/quickaddons would be a better place?
I don't really think it makes sense to create a new framework yet, but I
think we definitely want a place where to share such QtQuick tools.

Aleix