i18n in frameworks/kio

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Oct 4 08:49:57 UTC 2014

On Friday 03 October 2014 23:14:10 Burkhard Lück wrote:
> Hi,
>
> frameworks/kio has five translation catalogs:
>
> 1) kurifilter with 46 msgs
> 2) kshorturifilter with 3 msgs
> 3) kio_trash with 18 msgs
> 4) kcm_webshortcuts with 2 msgs
> 5) kio5 with 1066 msgs
>
> The msgs from 1-4 are in catalog 5 as well.
>
> That should be fixed, either by fixing Messages.sh for kio5 (excluding
> messages for catalogs 1-4) or by using one single catalog for
> frameworks/kio

Oh.

> Btw where is the code to load catalog 2) ?

Same as the code to load catalog 1 .... missing.
(we both don't really mean "code", but setting TRANSLATION_DOMAIN, of course)

Any preference about which way to go? Shall I merge or keep the split?

The easiest short-term is merging it all into kio5, but I guess separate
catalogs make things easier long-term when moving stuff around, no?

Working on KDE Frameworks 5