kconfigwidgets should install have kf5_entry.desktop

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Oct 1 21:13:01 UTC 2014

El Dimecres, 1 d'octubre de 2014, a les 23:08:30, David Faure va escriure:
> On Wednesday 01 October 2014 23:04:16 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > I find it very useful be able to do ./pack.sh kconfigwidgets and get the
> > same  tarball that everyone would get if i do that
>
> But do you mean "I" as Albert the release dude, or "I" as anyone?
>
> In other words.... ./pack.sh gives the release dude the ability to get the
> same tarball repeatedly. But it requires the right information in tags.git,
> so if someone else does the same, they will be missing that file.
>
> In practice, I doubt anyone else than the release dude ever runs pack.sh ...

I mean I as "someone that wanted to check if your fix actually fixed the things
or not".

The KDE 4.14 scripts are pretty self contained, you call ./pack.sh and then
you get the final tarball.

It seems that for frameworks that is no longer the case (you need to call some
other script) and you need ./update_l10n.sh ; ./make_rc_tag.sh i can see why
this is helpful, but i am also mentioning i was hoping that ./pack.sh alone
would give me the final tarball.

I'd say you can just dismiss me and carry on :)

Cheers,
  Albert