Supporting MSVC2010 in ktexteditor framework

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Sun Nov 16 17:01:04 UTC 2014

Hi,

The topic of increasing the compiler versions we require might have been
started for the specific issue one of the frameworks had, but I think it
shouldn't have died out when the issue in question got patched.

IMO, this topic requires more consideration.

Some of the features that we could use if we raise msvc version to 11.0 and
gcc to 4.6 or 4.7:
- range-based for loops
- variadic templates
- override and final (gcc 4.7)
- delegating constructors (gcc 4.7)
- initializer lists
- proper implementation of lambdas and move semantics

Cheerio,
Ivan

--
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard