[RFC] [kservice] KPluginMetadata indexing

Nicolás Alvarez nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 19:26:01 UTC 2014

> So, this code is in a bit of a draft stage, I'd very much welcome feedback
> about the approach, and of course the code itself. It can be found in
> kservice[sebas/kpluginindex]. the kpluginmetadata autotest gives a useful
> testing target. I didn't submit it to reviewboard yet, because I want to nail
> down the further direction, and provide a base to discuss on.

I tried it on Windows :)

Needed a minor tweak to build on MSVC2010 (have to specify the return
type of lambdas). Can I commit this?

findPluginSubdirectories is checking if the filename ends with ".so",
I had to change it to ".dll". But why is the check there, if
QDirIterator is already filtering?

After those changes, kplugin-update-index -a successfully generated 14
.json files. I think .json isn't a good file extension for them if
they aren't text JSON.

I ran the benchmark a few times and having the index made it about 24x
faster, with warm caches (I have no idea if there is anything like
drop_caches on Windows or if I'd have to reboot).

--
Nicolás