Supporting MSVC2010 in ktexteditor framework

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Wed Nov 5 08:07:50 UTC 2014

Hello,

On Wednesday 05 November 2014 08:58:04 Martin Graesslin wrote:
> So in stead of adding one exception after the other, just go the full way
> and raise the requirement.

I'm rather against per framework exception too. That said, raising the
requirement should be done responsibly regarding the goals of KDE Frameworks
which are also diffusing it's use outside of our community in general, it's
use outside our own workspace in particular.

> The fact that we don't have a CI to test it just shows even more that we
> need to raise the minimum requirement.

That's a very wrong line of argument... It shows that we should have better
platform coverage in our CI. We don't really have CI for Mac OS X either and
we break path related stuff there from time to time. Shall we Mac OS X support
then? Slippery slope...