How to properly encode the supported platforms on api.kde.org?

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Thu May 22 07:21:17 UTC 2014

Hi,

I wanted to ask how the platforms on the overview of
http://api.kde.org/frameworks-api/frameworks5-apidocs/ are supposed to be
read.

E.g. for kwindowsystem it looks like:
* Linux supported
* Windows not supported
* MacOS X not supported

This is only half of the story, though. The framework can be compiled and used
on all platforms. It just uses a fallback on Windows and MacOS. The same is
also the case for Linux on non-X11. Even with a working backend on non-X11
some parts of the API will only be available on X11.

What should I use in the metadata file to encode this correctly? I would
prefer to have Windows and MacOS X not being crossed out, as that could be
read like "cannot use" and would limit the possible usage of the framework.

Cheers
Martin