Translation support in Qt-translation-based frameworks

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Mar 31 23:26:16 UTC 2014

El Dimarts, 1 d'abril de 2014, a les 00:22:14, Alex Merry va escriure:
> On 01/04/14 00:14, Albert Astals Cid wrote:

> >> The distribution of translations with packages, rather than separately.
> >
> > This is something that should happen at the packaging state (and handled
> > by
> > scipts), i.e. I don't see why ever you'd end up with a po folder you'd
> > want to commit in your git repo checkout,
>
> Well, you wouldn't end up with one you wanted to commit - that's why I
> suggested adding it to .gitignore.  You might end up with one if you
> were testing things, for example by following Aurélien's instructions.

Ok, no objections to it being there. I am just raising the issue that if
you're a good guy and you properly test your Messages.sh in kde4 you already
have the same issue of "you may have a po folder in your repo you don't have
to commit" so i was wondering why this was a problem now.

But I understand it may make sense to add it to .gitignore just in case people
trying the Messages.sh or people trying Aurelien's instructions fail to
understand they don't have to commit that folder.

Cheers,
  Albert