[kde-frameworks-devel] Regarding entry.desktop files

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Sun Mar 30 21:14:23 UTC 2014

>> [: Chusslove Illich :]
>> There I propose not to have language entry.desktop files any more :)
>
> [: David Faure :]
> And, what do we use instead, to show the user a list of languages to
> choose from (i.e. for which translations are installed)?

I don't think the concept of "installed translations" is workable any more,
nor useful even if it were. So I'd do away with language packages, and have
all KDE software come with translations unconditionally. As is the case now
with most other Gettext-based software, with non-SC KDE software, and the
only reasonable solution for Frameworks themselves. So always "all"
translations would be installed, and the user would pick among "all"
languages. What "all" should mean, there are some opinions in the
"Translations KCM" thread.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)