Big changes for Solid

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Fri Mar 28 06:36:28 UTC 2014

Hello,

On Thursday 27 March 2014 23:50:35 Àlex Fiestas wrote:
> I have done 1 commit per each removed interface and  I have explained in
> that commit who uses that interface + how to port it. Of course I will add
> documentation of how to port existing app to alternative apis (Qt and UDev
> mostly).

Although it's more than late (it's not in for beta 1 and it is a major SIC so
you'll have to coordinate with David today), I like the overall direction.

Of all the interfaces you remove, you might want to reconsider
SerialInterface. There's a QtSerialPort module these days but there's no way
to get notified of ports, you can only poll. I wouldn't expect most apps of
our community to use that, but I can imagine that desirable to some third
parties, so I think we should keep that one.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net