KF5 alpha2

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at absint.com
Wed Mar 19 19:25:35 UTC 2014

> On Wednesday 12 March 2014 12:21:36 Christoph Cullmann wrote:
> > David Faure wrote:

> > > It is not part of the KF 5.0 release, it targets 5.1.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > is there any reason for that?
> > Would delay us from releasing some KF 5 port of Kate for common
> > consumption after the KF 5.0 release.
>
> No idea, please ask the KTextEditor maintainers.
>
> Wait, that's you... I thought this was a request from you, because it
> wouldn't
> be ready for 5.0?
>
> I'm confused.
>
> What made me think so is that it's under 5.1 in the wiki page
> http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Epics
> and that it still has many SIC changes "TODO" there. So I thought this was
> intentional. If it's not, let's fix that quickly.
Hi,

most SIC stuff now done.

Some small things remain and are either done until 28th or they will stay in that shape
for KF 5.x, which would be ok, too.

Removed some completely unrealistic items like split out the highlighting stuff, which
is a long term goal and can be done SC/BC later.

I would appreciate any hint on what is needed more to have ktexteditor in the KF 5.0 release
as I think it would give applications like Kate/KDevelop/Kile/... the possibility to have KF 5.0
ports available. Kate/KWrite itself is really KF 5 ready ;)

Greetings
Christoph

--
AbsInt Angewandte Informatik GmbH      Email: cullmann at AbsInt.com