how to write kded module in framework 5

Alex Merry alex.merry at kde.org
Mon Mar 17 23:50:39 UTC 2014

On 17/03/14 19:35, Shivam Makkar wrote:
> also I want to know how can i start kded5
>
> when I run command
>
> kded5
> or
> kdeinit5
>
> i get
>
> kded5(16341)/(default) QXcbSessionManager::QXcbSessionManager: Qt:
> Session management error: networkIdsList argument is NULL

Hmm... you might want to try
eval `dbus-launch`
before running kded5 or kdeinit5, so that it doesn't interfere with your
current session.

> is there any debug dialog (kdebugdialog) for framework 5 too ?

No.  Qt 5.3 has sort-of-equivalent functionality [0], providing the code
in question uses qCDebug() rather than qDebug(), but that's bit tricky
to set up in Qt 5.2.

[0]:
http://doc-snapshot.qt-project.org/qt5-stable/qloggingcategory.html#logging-rules

Alex