c++ plugins with Frameworks 5

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Mar 4 10:21:06 UTC 2014

On Tuesday, March 04, 2014 09:22:11 David Faure wrote:
> What I don't know is how much do we need support for queries that filter
> this  further, and whether just reading the json from all the plugins of
> type "foo" is good enough.

In my tests it was expectedly slow: scaling linearly with number of plugins
and touching disk all the time. My conclusion is that without a cache, we'll
be introducing performance regressions, which means if you need fast plugin
querying, KPluginTrader right now is not for you.

When working in KPluginTrader, I've ported the query system from
KServiceTypeTrader, so querying should not be a problem -- it works today.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding something?

Cheers,
--
sebas