Binary incompatible changes

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Mar 1 15:39:56 UTC 2014

El Dissabte, 1 de març de 2014, a les 16:06:24, David Faure va escriure:
> On Saturday 01 March 2014 16:03:52 David Faure wrote:
> > So yeah, it's doable, but quite painful. I wish we could script this, but
> > "wait for CI" is hard to script...
>
> Oh, and if one doesn't have the rights for "Build Now" on build.kde.org, one
> cannot fix things after messing up the push order.
>
> Overall, the ideal solution would be if jenkins could notice that it needs
> to rebuild both A and B, and B depends on A (which it knows), so it needs
> to build A before B, rather than building B on top of an outdated A...

Right, but then if you need to build okular, you end up building

polkit-qt-1 - Branch master
kdegraphics-mobipocket - Branch master
strigiutils - Branch master
poppler - Branch master
kactivities - Branch KDE/4.13
akonadi - Branch master
automoc - Branch master
plasma-mobile - Branch master
grantlee - Branch master
phonon - Branch master
kdepimlibs - Branch master
kdesupport-svn - Branch master
kdelibs - Branch master
qt - Branch 4.8
qca - Branch master
libkexiv2 - Branch master
soprano - Branch master
libstreams - Branch master
qjson - Branch master
nepomuk-core - Branch master
libdbusmenu-qt - Branch master
strigidaemon - Branch master
libstreamanalyzer - Branch master
shared-desktop-ontologies - Branch master
prison - Branch master
strigiclient - Branch master
cmake - Branch master
attica - Branch qt4
kde-workspace - Branch KDE/4.11

Every time someone commits to okular, which may a bit too much, no?

Cheers,
  Albert