What to do regarding OPTIONAL packages during KDE/CI builds?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Jun 8 18:47:40 UTC 2014

El Divendres, 6 de juny de 2014, a les 00:05:28, Marko Käning va escriure:
> The Qt5/KF5/KDE/CI system on OSX/MacPorts - which I am trying to set up - is
> eventually able to build and install (almost) all KF5 frameworks just fine.
>
> But during the builds I spotted every now and then that configure scripts
> mentioned a few OPTIONAL packages which could not be found...
> ...but the build runs fine anyways.

Right, that's because they are optional :)

> Still, I would like to know how to handle cases like this.
> It seems to me, that it would be good to build every framework including ALL
> possible optional packages in order to test the “biggest" build.

Actually all the combinations should be tested, since some of them may end up
in an #ifdef that doesn't compile, but that would be A LOT, so yes, including
ALL possible optional packages is what we do in the Linux build as far as i
know.

> 	Examples are e.g.:
> 	 - for kwallet: gpgme, QGpgme
> 	 - for kio:     AC, GSSAPI, Qt5Script
>
> 	(Here I am surprised about Qt5Script, since
> 	 I thought that is included in qt5.)
>
> Can some of those packages be installed using the CI scripts?

Not that i know, i guess we simply install them using distro packages.

> Should I perhaps install some of these packages on the KDE/CI system via
> MacPorts? (I tried gpgme, but it did NOT work.)

Should work, may have to play a bit with the cmake find scripts or pass some
paths to cmake?

Cheers,
 Albert