Minimum translation percentage for frameworks release

Alexander Potashev aspotashev at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 06:32:16 UTC 2014

> On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 1:36 AM, Alexander Potashev <aspotashev at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> But doing per-framework percentages is no bueno, either: imagine your
>> app uses KService and you translated only this framework having
>> skipped its dependencies. Then the app might be translated very poorly
>> if many strings come from the dependent frameworks.
>
> Read again what Albert said, he's not proposing to filter per framework.

Hi Aleix,

Correct - Albert's final idea was to let the downstream decide. I'm
almost sure that won't work well, specifically most distros will
probably include all translations we ship, even very incomplete ones
because
 1. Packagers won't find out soon they need to do this filtering (i.e.
they won't notice that we've turned off filtering on our side),
because they didn't need to with KDE SC 4.x,
 2. Packagers won't spent their time to write scripts for filtering
translations in some smart way.

--
Alexander Potashev