Web Shortcuts KCM

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Tue Jul 15 13:16:20 UTC 2014

On Tuesday 15 July 2014 14:59:43 Eike Hein wrote:
> On 07/15/2014 10:24 AM, Kevin Ottens wrote:
> > Which applications? I experience that mostly in krunner and the browsers.
> > As a user I don't think I get to type those anywhere else.
>
> It's not just typing. Konversation, Okular and Konsole let you
> select text, right-click it and search it using one of your pre-
> ferred Web Shortcuts. You can also see the KCM entry point there:
>
> http://wstaw.org/m/2014/07/15/webshortcuts.png

Ah I see. Never ever used that for some reason. :-)

> And yes, we do care about having this work outside the KDE work-
> space, if only because it'd be annoying to keep track of "users
> cannot configure this anyway, find a way to figure out if we're
> in KDE or not and hide this at runtime if not". It makes app
> code more complex.

Well, for a single entry menu, really? :-)

Anyway, I think the rest of my previous email still stands (ie at most a
widget would be enough for the app related settings, we should talk to the
underlying platform for the other ones).

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net