Web Shortcuts KCM

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Tue Jul 15 12:59:43 UTC 2014

On 07/15/2014 10:24 AM, Kevin Ottens wrote:
> Which applications? I experience that mostly in krunner and the browsers. As a
> user I don't think I get to type those anywhere else.

It's not just typing. Konversation, Okular and Konsole let you
select text, right-click it and search it using one of your pre-
ferred Web Shortcuts. You can also see the KCM entry point there:

http://wstaw.org/m/2014/07/15/webshortcuts.png

And yes, we do care about having this work outside the KDE work-
space, if only because it'd be annoying to keep track of "users
cannot configure this anyway, find a way to figure out if we're
in KDE or not and hide this at runtime if not". It makes app
code more complex.

Cheers,
Eike