Web Shortcuts KCM

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Jul 15 08:01:50 UTC 2014

On Tuesday 15 July 2014 08:15:46 Kevin Ottens wrote:
> Honestly to me it looks like a wrong move. A better move would be to have
> the  framework (e.g. KIO) read the settings from the platform for its
> settings (e.g. proxies).

OK about proxies, but web shortcuts is a KIO-specific thing, you won't find
any platform settings for these.

I see nothing workspace-related or platform-related in web shortcuts.
You type "gg:foo" in a KDE app, you get a google search - this requires a GUI
for configuration, and I can't see why that configuration should be only
available in a plasma workspace or on Unix.
Nor do we want to see each one of the 10 apps that support web shortcuts to
have to come up with their own GUI for configuring this....

Working on KDE Frameworks 5