OSX/MacPorts KDE CI System: Asking for trouble due to installations outside the expected $DATA_INSTALL_DIR/kf5 directory for khtml and katepart5

"Marko Käning" mk-lists at email.de
Sat Jul 5 10:30:05 UTC 2014

Hi David,

> KXMLGUI files (called "foo.rc") are found in
>  GenericDataLocation + '/' + componentName + '/' + fileName.
> This is why KHTML installs its .rc files in DATA/khtml.

that's what I figured, but ...

> Just like all KDE apps will install their rc files in DATA/appname.

I then spotted the 13 framework applications shown below [1] getting installed into
the kf5 subfolder.

> We used /kf5/ whenever possible, but some things are more global than that.

Hmmm, I see.

> Where will KDE apps install their stuff? To /Library/Application Support too?
> Then it won't all be under /kf5/ anyway.

That's true, I guess.

This issue is perhaps a non-issue, since up to now I am building on the OSX/KDE CI
system only the KF5 frameworks and no KF5 applications at all.

Greets,
Marko

[1] https://trac.macports.org/wiki/KDEProblems/KDEMacPortsCI/Status#InstallsintoLibraryApplicationSupport

----

$ cd ~/WC/KDECI-builds; find . -type d -wholename "./*/local-inst/opt/kde/*/Library/Application Support/*" | egrep "/kf5$" | sed 's|^\./\([^/]*\)/.*$|\1|'
frameworkintegration
kauth
kconfigwidgets
kdelibs4support