OSX/MacPorts KDE CI System: Asking for trouble due to installations outside the expected $DATA_INSTALL_DIR/kf5 directory for khtml and katepart5

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Jul 5 09:53:59 UTC 2014

On Saturday 05 July 2014 11:20:28 Marko Käning wrote:
> khtml and katepart5 currently still ask for upcoming trouble when installing
> the frameworks on OSX [1], as they put files directly into
>
>    /Library/Application Support
>
> instead of
>
>    /Library/Application Support/kf5
>
> as all other frameworks do with
>
>    -DDATA_INSTALL_DIR="Library/Application Support"

KXMLGUI files (called "foo.rc") are found in
 GenericDataLocation + '/' + componentName + '/' + fileName.

This is why KHTML installs its .rc files in DATA/khtml.
Just like all KDE apps will install their rc files in DATA/appname.

We used /kf5/ whenever possible, but some things are more global than that.

Well, we could cheat somehow and call setXMLFile("kf5/khtml5.rc") in
khtml_part.cpp but that seems quite strange to me - i.e. we'll forget again if
the issue comes up elsewhere, etc.

Where will KDE apps install their stuff? To /Library/Application Support too?
Then it won't all be under /kf5/ anyway.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5