Change the ML default reply-to address

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Wed Jan 29 11:30:55 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 29 January 2014 11:23:31 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Wednesday, 2014-01-29, 09:01:00, Martin Klapetek wrote:
> > Let's be pragmatic, how many times it happened to you that you actually
> > responded to the author alone while you actually intended to respond to
> > the
> > list?
>
> How would that happen?
> Replying to the list always replies to the list.
>
> > It's just super annoying if you're communicating with lists like
> > plasma-devel which has reply-to-list and dozen more KDE MLs which also
> > have
> > reply-to-list and then you're responding to k-f-devel and everytime it's
> > that "oh wait, I need to change the reply-to address".
>
> I am subscribed to more than two dozend KDE mailinglist (and numerous
> others). I post to some of the regularily while some others only
> sporadically. "New mail to list" and "reply to list" have *always* sent the
> mail to the list.

And I as a more than a decade KMail user just learned something new: I haven't
known that there is a reply to list option. And while trying to write that
mail I noticed the problem. I pressed "R" and got krammer in the to field, and
had to go back and tried "L" for the very first time.

Cheers
Martin